Thursday, November 3, 2011

Its begining to look alot like winter.....






Hello my fellow crafty friends! So have you started? Have you started to think about Christmas? I am! I have my Christmas music playing right now and a few days ago I managed to get my Christmas lights up with the help of my son. Last week we got a nice little covering of snow but then a few days later the winds kicked up and blew it all away! Its been sticking in the low 20's to high teens durring the day. I am doing my snow dance every day lol! I dont know if its more of a dance or something like convulsions HA HAHA AHA! As you may know every year we try and make it up to North Pole to take the kids to see Santa. I try and start my cards early so I can have them done in time to mail out from there so they get the North Pole post mark. One year I was seriously sitting in the truck on the way up try to glue buttons on them. Thats when I said never again, I will get them done BEFORE. So I guess your thinking I am going to show you my Christmas card I made for this year.....and what I have to say to that my friends is THINK AGAIN! Its my little game I like to play called 'keep the card secret'. No one gets to see 'the card' ahead of time. I like to think that people are excited to see what I create every year (and actually some of my friends are!). I even have friends that try and trick me into giving up detals of what it looks like. So for this project I had to pull a card out of my butt or the air whatever...but it is not 'the card' I will be sending out this year he he he! I will post that after I send them out. This card is one that I saw on one of my Facebook pages but was done with fall colors and done a little bit differently. I of course took the idea and made it my own!






Laid it all out on my Gypsy....1 inch circles



Got all my shades of blue paper ready to cut



Got a bunch of blue balls I mean blue circles....



Ran them through my Sizzix Texture Botique



Laid them out on my card and started to glue



Added a 2 layer strip across the top



Cut out the white card you couls see along the bottom and sides



Made my rosette




Finished product!



~*Recipe*~


~*Blue card stock in lots of shades


~*George and Basic Shapes Cricut cartridge for the circles and Accent Essentials for the little snowflake on the rosette


~*Sizzix Texture Botique and embossing folders


~*Button and string


~*Jen*~ www.mymentalinstability.blogspot.com




No comments: