Sunday, August 21, 2011

Gold Fever













Hello everyone! I have been so busy this last month! It was nice to finally get back home and get a project going. In the past month we...went gold mining at Cache Creek, fishing in Kenai, bought a 2nd 4 wheeler, went on a porker run on the 4 wheelers, drove to Valdez, picked salmonberries, picked blueberries, stayed in Valdez for 16 days, fished in Valdez, attended Valdez Gold Rush Days, went on a historic homes of Valdez walking tour, drove home, got the kids ready for school made salmonberry jelly and finally sent the kids back to school! Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh and I am sure there are things in there I forgot lol. So when asked to make a project with the theme of 'What I did on my summer vacation' I had lots of things to chose from. But I picked one and ran with it.

Picked out the paper. All this paper is from my K&Co super stack






Created my own paper gold pan






Printed out 3 fun pictures from gold mining and added 'gold' to my pan


Cut out some blue and gold glittery words, stars and circles from a piece of DCWV cardstock











Added in a few strips of polka dotty paper and called it good as gold ;)















~*Recipe*~




~*K&Co carstock




~*Cricut cartridge George and Basic, Stand and Salue, Gypsy Font




~*Glittery gold card stock from DCWV




~*Black ink




~*Jen*~ http://mymentalinstability.blogspot.com/

1 comment:

Bunnyfreak said...

Love the gold pan you made. Great layout.