Sunday, August 28, 2011

Spooooooooky





I hope you guys are all having a wonderful week out there. I know I have been! I was in helping with Allis class a few times this last week and filled an order for cards. I dont think I have ever told you guys before but I sell my cards I make. Its been alot of fun! So with all that going on I really had to focus myself to get my project done for this week. Our fall is here. The trees are turning yellow. The grass is going dormant and just this morning it was 37 degrees out at 8am. We were also lucky because my dad got a caribou last Saturday and I always help process the meat. For my hard work I get a share of the meat so I was able to put a little in the freezer, YAY! This coming weekend my son and husband go up to hunt for our caribou. Oh oops kinda got off subject there. So anyways yah for this project I was excited to get a start on my Halloween decorating...















I picked out some fun but spooooooky colors





Cut out my banner pieces. Went with the triangle.





Got out my wonderful Martha Stewart score board and made some rosettes





Got out silver and black glitter and added some sparkle









*super secret here* I will pick up sample paint cards at the store when I know I need a small piece of a color that I am sure I dont have. So for the letters I picked up these samples :D





The letters all cut out to say 'SPOOKY'





Started putting it all together. The wisker looking things are pieces of tissue paper that I added that, when it gets a slight breeze, flutter. I put up my banner near a heater vent and when the heat comes on it gives the banner some silent movement, almost like a floating ghost :D





I ran the black through my Sizzix. cant really see it in the other pics





Finished banner hung up :D



~*Recipe*~



~*Black and purple cardstock



~*Orange, green and yellow paint sample cards



~*Polka-dot paper from K&Co



~*Newsprint from an old book



~*Silver and black glitter from Martha Stewart



~*Blackletter Cricut Cartridge for the letters





So here is some of the cards that I sold this week. I usually make them on a request basis. So they will say..... baby shower card done in purple and grey......





This was Hawaiian themed birthday card for a girl...(notice the surf board)





This was Coffee themed birthday card for a girl....





This was fishing themed brithday card for a guy (bet this looks familiar if you remember my Fathers Day post ;)





Well I hope you all have a great week! I know I will! My sister is having her 3rd child this week and I am making her a mini album. Always trying to keep busy!!



~*Jen*~



http://mymentalinstability.blogspot.com/

1 comment:

Kim Ricketts said...

wow!!! I love your banner! Its super cute! I love the sparkles. Your fishing vest is super cute too!

Kim :)