Sunday, January 2, 2011

I hold onto everything! (ok not everything)

This week we were asked to make something either recycled or repurposed. Well I am the queen of recycling stuff. I save all my cardstock scraps. When we get wedding invites in the mail I save the paper to reuse. I also save old Christmas cards and turn them into gift tags (see below I even made a wreath out of them this year). I love saving buttons from all the old clothes we wear out as well. Finding good buttons is like finding a gold nugget to me. I save almost anything I think I can reuse in my crafting. Its kinda a strange habit of mine. I love finding things that I can take and make into something fun. For this pocket card I used some cardstock scraps from my last box project and I also used some buttons I have saved from old clothes.














First I gathered all my supplies



I took a prescored 5 1/2 x 4 1/4 inch blank card opened it up and scored on side at 2 inches





Cut in the middle down 2 inches and folded the scored part down




Got out my Fiskars paper punch and punched out the edge





Cut a piece of cardstock 3 x 4 inches and used a corner rounder to round the card and the cardstock. Glued the cardstock on the inside



Placed glue on the other inside edge


Closed the card up and cut out another 3 x 4 inch piece of cardstock and glued it to the front



Cut a 5 inch piece of ribbon and glued it down on the back side of the flap then glued down the flap



Cut out a flower from one of my pieces of scrap cardstock and glued it to the front with a button and inserted two 2 2/3 x 4 1/4 inch tags





I took some brown ink and gave the edges a little of a distressed look. Whipped out my collection of gel pens and did a faux stich around the outer edge too.




So let this be a lesson to you! One womans junk could be another womans crafting supplies!!



~*Recipe*~


~*5 1/2 x 4 1/4 inch blank card

~*Cardstock (mine was K&Co)

~*Ribbon

~*Fiskars paper punch

~*Button

~*Yarn

~*Brown ink

~*Blue gel pen


Happy 2011 and my you find your crafting supplies where you least expect it!


*~Jen*~

No comments: