Thursday, March 24, 2011

Cute boots are essential!

While many peoples grass is turning green and flowers are growing we are still looking out the window to snow and brown trees! One thing I love about the spring time around here is when the trees start budding all at once and you see a green haze in the trees along the road side. We also have 5 seasons here. Summer, fall, winter break-up and spring. Break-up is a time when the snow melts and the ice breaks up on the rivers and everything is a sloppy, wet, muddy mess!! The dogs feet are muddy. Your feet are muddy. The cars are muddy. Everything is m-u-d-d-y muddy! So I can say spring is almost here, but not yet. We have to go through break-up first. The great thing about the muddy mess is cute mud boots! I myself own a super cute pair of mud boots that I just love wearing during break-up. It makes all the mess so much easier to handle when you are wearing cute boots :D :D So I was having a really hard time getting in the spring spirit for this challengs but I did it.

We were asked to use the Stretch Your Imagination Cricut cartridge and pick an image on pages62-69. I tried really hard to but just was not feeling imspired from thoes pages so I still stuck with the cartridge just picked a diff image.

I laid it all out on my Gypsy and then onto my mat and cut them out.



Layered up my card




Assembled my layered pices for my card (the sky and grass were done with green and blue ink)


Started to glue them all together


And added a little pink glitter to the mix!

~*Recipe*~

~*Stretch Your Imagination Cricut cartridge
~*Lacey Labels Cricut cartridge (flowers and bird)
~*Gypsy Wanderings (spring time)
~*DCWV cardstock
~*Pink Martha Stewart glitter
~*Brown, green and blue ink

~*Jen*~

No comments: